Friday, January 16, 2015

The Thinking Problem


“No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. “ Terry Josephson, law professor

The smile:

It began innocently enough. My first grade teacher would ask us the sum of two numbers. I would think and give her the answer. I was impressionable at such a young age and by the time I graduated high school I was thinking more and more. Friends would ask me my opinion or my mother would ask how my day went, I would think and tell them.

It wasn’t long before I wasn’t just a casual thinker. I would engage people in bars, church and social functions. I talked with an elderly person on a park bench one time in an effort to gain some wisdom.

My twenties were a disaster as I was thinking all the time. My employer often reprimanded me for thinking about what I was doing, instead of just doing my job. Women were taken back because I wanted to talk and learn about what interested them. I found myself engaging in intellectual conversations with like-minded people.

I got older and my problem grew. I wondered how we got here, why we existed and what happened after death. Without even realizing how fast I was sliding into my addiction I began reading philosophy books and religious texts. I made friends with church goers and college educated people. They filled my head with all kinds of knowledge. I know I should have been ashamed. In fact maybe I was, because I would sit alone and consider questions of morality and ethics.

Thinking has become part of my everyday life! Recently I have started studying reincarnation. It could be possible for me to come back as a cow.  I can now see why they are worshipped in some societies. What do they have to think about? Maybe…one day…I can comeback as Holstein on rolling plain in Iowa. Pray for me….

 

The ponder:

IS it more important to have common sense or be highly educated, if you had to choose?

 

The Fudoshina Challenge:

 

Exercise
reps/ goal
Straight Punches
900/2000
Knuckle Push-ups
510/ 2000
Olymipic sit-ups
510/ 2000
Squat kicks
435/ 2000
Front kicks
275/ 2000
Side kicks
150/ 2000
Back kicks
150/ 2000
Upper blocks
525/ 2000
Downward blocks
525/ 2000
Inward blocks
525/ 2000
Outward blocks
5252/ 2000

 

No comments:

Post a Comment