Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Schley, North Carolina


“Once you label me you negate me.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

 

The smile:

 

I was traveling through North Carolina not long ago and I weary from driving I stopped in Schley. It is an unincorporated  little town that is quaint all the same. I walked into the first hotel I found and asked “How do you pronounce where I am?”

The unperplexed little southern belle looked at me across the desk and said “ Beeeest Wessssssteeerrrnnn “

 

The ponder:

 

Do we carry regional stereotypes with us while we travel? Do we expect Southerners  to be uneducated? Northerners to be rude? Nothweresterners to be ultra liberal? Southwesterners to be cowboys? What other ideals do we impose on people from other regions?

 

The fitness challenge:

 

Today was my first day back in the dogo. Knuckle push-ups on wood floors SUCK.

I only log:

Outside blocks: 25/2000

Inside blocks: 25/2000

Upward blocks: 25/ 2000

Downward blocks: 25/2000


No comments:

Post a Comment